Prep for Pets
Dear Survival Blonde,
What about the pets when the SHTF?
With a little work, your beloved pets will be as prepared as you are.
For In-Home Emergency Situations
- An extra bag of food (or two)
- Doggie poop bags
If you have to leave, your pets need Go Bags just like you do. Here are the essentials and helpful links:
- Collapsible bowls
- Food (a few baggies with portioned food – think 3 days)
- Water bottle
- Leash with doggie poop bags
- Quilted vest
- Pet boots
- Medications (keep in mind expiration dates here – if your pet has a medical condition, you’ll want to revisit your kit yearly).
- First Aid Supplies
- Vaccination paperwork (if you need to go to a shelter, you’ll want these)
- Carrier for small animals
- Tie-out stake and rope (and/or paracord – so versatile!)
Tips for Pet Go Bags:
- Make them light. Your pet should be able to carry them. Here’s a good read. It can help you find a good saddle bag for your pup.
- If this seems overwhelming, consider a ready-made kit like this one for dogs (this will be good for 2 dogs), or this one for cats.
This is a fun and easy Go Bag to pack!